Rescue your smile with improved oral hygiene habits. Although you may be doing everything you can to keep your teeth and gums clean, slight changes in your routine can lead to amazing results. Even switching out your toothbrush regularly can impact your oral health. Because brushing your teeth is so crucial, work on what you can do to improve your own brushing skills, including these tips:
- Be sure to brush your teeth at least twice per day.
- Due to the harshness of toothpaste, try to avoid brushing your teeth right after eating, as your teeth may be extra sensitive during this period.
- Always keep your toothbrush in a safe and secure area both upright and with proper ventilation.
- Never share or cross contaminate your brushes with nearby ones.
- If your toothbrush is heavily worn and dirty, replace it. Regular toothbrushes last around 3-4 months at best.
- Use a brush with soft bristles that is large enough to easily clean and reach all areas within your smile.
- If it is difficult to manually brush, try opting for an alternative device such as an electric toothbrush.
For additional help with cleaning your smile, Dr. Jared Ayes and our team at Transcend Dental are here to give you the smile you desire. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Royersford, Pennsylvania, please contact us at 484.369.8625 to speak with a member of our team. Our wonderful staff is here to help you get the smile you want.